The Grand ReUse series includes WaterSep’s largest hollow fiber cartridges which are designed for large scale biopharmaceutical concentration/diafiltration and clarification unit operations with batch volumes up to 1,500L per cartridge.
The Grand ReUse is available with 5 m2, 8 m2,10 m2 and 15 m2 of membrane surface area, utilizing WaterSep’s antifouling, high capacity modified polyethersulfone (m-PES) membrane. All Grand HF cartridges are available with pore sizes that range from 3K to 750K MWCO and 0.1 µm, 0.2 µm, and 0.45 µm, which makes it ideal for upstream clarification and cell harvest as well as concentration/diafiltration applications.
The Grand ReUse product line is based on over 25 years of membrane development experience in the biopharmaceutical market. It represents the very latest in membrane technology and offer significant improvements in low binding and anti-fouling properties as well as higher flow characteristics and overall capacity. The modified polyethersulphone (m-PES) membrane typically provides greater product yield and higher membrane recovery.
Typical applications are:
- Clarification of cell or bacteria suspensions in primary recovery processes.
- Cell harvest of E.Coli, yeast and other bacteria.
- Clarification and concentration of vaccines.
- Purification of gene therapy products.
- Concentration of monoclonal antibodies and other genetically based macromolecules.
- Concentration and diafiltration of proteins and enzymes.