mini-BioProducer Steamer – Autoclavable, Gamma Irradiated, Hollow Fiber Cartridges – Ready to Use – Easy and Reliable.
The mini-BioProducer Steamer hollow fiber membrane products incorporates our latest glycerin free, heat resistant low extractable, heat resistant, modified polyethersulfon membrane technology. All Steamer products are gamma irradiated and ready to use without any tedious pre-rinse. The Steamer HF cartridges are the product of choice for perfusion/ATF applications. They can be repetitively autoclaved in an ATF perfusion unit or as a standalone HF cartridge or in a tubing assembly. Please contact us for the correct Steamer product for ATF 4-10 models. experttalk@WaterSep.net.
The extractables level for the mini-BioProducer Steamer is approximately 80x less than a glycerin conditioned membrane or flat sheet cassette. (Please see graph below). After a quick buffer conditioning The HF cartridge is ready to use to be used or autoclaved. For autoclaving directions, please see the Steamer Validation Guide.
The mini-BioProducer Steamer membrane hollow fiber cartridges are small scale production cartridges for batch volumes between 5L – 250L and is also the perfect choice for scale up studies to Maximizer Steamer multi cartridge systems with membrane surface area > 20 m2. The membrane surface area is between 0.65 cm2 for the mini-BioProducer12 Steamer and up to 2.5 m2 for mini-BioProducer41 Steamer.
The mini-BioProducer Steamer is the perfect choice for perfusion applications, small aseptic processes and preparative biopharmaceutical work.
The mini-BioProducer Steamer cartridges are available with WaterSep’s glycerin free heat resistant low binding antifouling modified polyethersulfon membrane, with molecular weight cut-off (MWCO) from 3K to 750 K and 0.1 um, 0.2 um and 0.45 um. The fluid path length is similar to all other WaterSep HF cartridges which makes scale up/scale down easy and predictable.
Typical applications for the mini-BioProducer Steamer are:
• Cell perfusion with an ATF system or conventional pump operated perfusion systems. Bioreactor and Steamer hollow fiber assembly can be autoclaved simultaneously.
• Aseptic/sterile applications, where autoclaving is required.
• Clarification of cell culture and fermentation suspensions in primary recovery applications.
• Cell harvest, excellent results have been achieved with both whole cell E.Coli and E. Coli lysates, as well as other microbial process streams.
• Concentration and purification of vaccines.
• Concentration/diafiltration of monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, biological macromolecules and peptides.